In this blog post, I am going to teach you one of my top Choir Warm Ups.
This is called Call and Response and it is essential to helping your choir sound their best...
This choir warm up will help your choir get their breath support muscles warmed up and get focused (which we all need)!
Before I started doing this warmup with my choir, I found that they were:
2) Not using their breath support muscles properly
That's why I started to use the Call and Response warmup
To do this warm up with your choir is very simple. All you have to do is:
1) Watch the following video
2) Download the Essential Choir Warm Ups cheat sheet
3) Try this warmup with your choir the next time you see them!
4) Observe the results. You will notice an immediate positive difference if you do it right. If it didn't work the first time, check to see how you delivered the instructions and try it again. These warmups are basically guaranteed to work!
Click below to watch the video:
Here's a link to the video: https://youtu.be/3huVspjxfog
Ok, great job!
Now you have a great warmup to try with your choir!
The next step is to get my Essential Choir Warm Ups cheat sheet so you can keep track of the warmups we learn.
Here's a link to the playlist where I demonstrate all of the warmups I use with my choirs. I will be posting a new choir warmup each week for at least 10 weeks!
I hope this warm up helps your choir and please comment below if it has been helpful!